Author Topic: Difficulty putting slide back on P 01  (Read 1438 times)

Offline inletman

Difficulty putting slide back on P 01
« on: July 18, 2018, 08:56:54 PM »
Have had this before...after field stripping , cleaning, lubing...have big problem getting slide back on the frame. Not getting the slide stop lever back in....it is simply getting the slide all the way back before I line up the lines to put lever back in. thought I wasn't going to get it back on.....finally relubed the rails and all places there metal meets metal...got in on then :-[

Anyone have this problem?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Difficulty putting slide back on P 01
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 10:22:44 PM »
Can't say I have.  I'm trying to picture what it might hit/rub against besides the rail to rail contact and I can't think of anything but the trigger bars or the hammer.  By the time it hits the hammer, it's there, so it can't be that.

I can't imagine it stopping/dragging when the firing pin block contacts the lifter arm = again, it's about where it needs to be when that happens, also.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Texf6

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »
Look to the engagement contact of the ejector arm in the sear cage as it contacts slide.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:04:34 PM by Texf6 »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 04:52:38 AM »
I'm having trouble understanding what may be going on here as well. A pic or vid would be helpful. I've never had an issue getting my CZ's back together.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 06:54:22 AM »
Look to the engagement contact of the ejector arm in the sear cage as it contacts slide.

You know, you might be onto something there.  It does stick up and has to fit into a narrow slot/groove to let the slide move fully into place.  If it was bent/shaped just a tad to the left/right it might make contact with the back of the slide as the slide is moved rearward into position.

Any little nick/finish marks in the back of the slide around the slot the ejector has to fit into?  Might tell you if you've made contact there a few times during slide installation.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 10:39:44 AM »
inletman, do you by chance have a magazine inserted in the frame?

Offline inletman

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:48:34 PM »
no

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 10:09:25 PM »
...and it stops before the rear of the slide touches the hammer?

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 02:23:06 AM »

Lining up the tick marks doesn't always get the slide exactly where it needs to be to remove or replace the slide stop lever. Use the tick marks to get in the ballpark. The look into the round hold where the slide stop lever is going to go. You might have to move the slide forward or backward a little bit until the round hole is clear.
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline coolbox

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:10 AM »
1. Point the pistol upwards (safely). This will help aling the barrel rearwards better. Faced this in a few CZ pistols.
2. Squeeze the trigger while riding the slide back on rearwards.

Above 2 steps were sometimes needed in more than one CZ i have owned over the years.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 11:57:57 AM »
Neither of my full size CZs will align the slide stop holes at the marks.  Mine and my son's slides have to pushed farther back against the hammer & it's spring to allow insertion of the slide stop. I just push the slide back with the pistol butt against my waist and the slide stop in my right hand.  Slowly retract the slide until the slide stop aligns and slides in.  After thousands of  times,  it becomes an automatic and simple task. :)