Author Topic: P-10C with slide mill and red dot, CGW parts, bullseye video  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Joe L

I got my P-10C back from CGW on Thursday, and finally made it to the range early this morning.  I zeroed it at 25 yards with some IMI ammo to get in the ballpark, then went to Atlanta Arms 115 JHP and single hand standing hold and just shot a bunch of targets with it at 25 yards.

The sight and gun work were perfect, of course.  It took me some time to re-learn the trigger but I made some progress.  I was inconsistent at first but was getting much better after two boxes of ammo.  I made a short video of the best timed fire pace target.

I am thinking I can disturb a lot of folks at a bullseye match if i show up with a 4" plastic striker fired pistol for a centerfire match.  Might happen. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Earl Keese

Re: P-10C with slide mill and red dot, CGW parts, bullseye video
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
Congrats Joe, your match buddies aren't going to like that at all.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:10:28 PM »
That last shot was directly on the X. A nice way to finish.

It looks like Single Action trigger position of the P-10C very far rearward. How dose the trigger reach compare to the P-Series and the 75s Joe?

Thank you for the video.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:28:01 PM »
I shot several targets between 90 and 94 while getting used to the trigger, Earl.  The 99 is a statistical aberration, I'm thinking, but it made the day worth the effort.  Very hot here today and I am a little rusty running three cameras! 

The group size shooting while sighting through the video camera finder was larger than I shot single hand standing.  The latency in the viewfinder drives you nuts when trying to hold the pistol steady.  I didn't mess with it long enough to get a good group.  Plus the zero two handed from a rest is not the same as single handed standing anyway. 

Another item, the IMI primers are just enough harder than the Atlanta Arms primers to result in some light hits with the 4lb Glock striker spring I had installed when CGW received the gun.  That spring is too light for some ammo apparently.  I didn't know that, because I had only shot the AA ammo prior to sending it off. 

The striker fired gun's trigger feel isn't bad at all.  Heavy enough for me to be able to prep it some, smooth enough so the prep pressure seems consistent from shot to shot. 

Tok36--The trigger reach is short compared to the steel pistols, similar to the P series pistols.  I may take the P-07 out to shoot them side by side later this week.  I'll tell you something more useful after I compare them side by side.   

I am going to get some experience with it at 50 and 100 yards over the next few weeks, if at all possible.  But I'm not going to clean it.  Might ruin it.

Right now, I'm very happy with the pistol, Sugru and all.  I may have to add some more Sugru to get my trigger finger placement perfect with the CGW trigger. 

Joe

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:42:36 PM »
Very nifty sir, very nifty.  8)

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
Impressive.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
On Saturday, I had a casual shooter friend of mine try the P-10C, red dot and all.  He used the red dot and shot Remington UMC 115 gr ammo at 10 and 23 yards two handed, standing.  He shot it well and loved the feel and size.  The only 9mm pistol he owns is a Sig P938, which is a fine handgun, but small and, well, challenging.  The P-10C is like a P-07 size wise--not too big, not too small, just right, if you want something other than a subcompact.  So, maybe another convert to CZ pistols.  Not a bad result.

Joe

Offline baldrage

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 07:01:36 AM »
Impressive as always, and good work on the CZ evangelism!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 09:51:07 AM »
I'm waiting for my P10 slide to come back from Jagerwerks. Every time this thread pops up it hurts a little.  ;D

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 10:48:18 PM »
Pop.  :D

Offline Joe L

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 08:36:19 AM »
I'm having trouble getting used to the tall front sight for co-witness.  I may remove it for a few weeks.  It is just a distraction.  Other than that, the pistol is doing perfectly.  One light hit on some IMI ammo on Sunday but none on the softer Atlanta Arms match ammo.  I am really liking the P-10C. 
Joe

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 08:58:19 AM »
Are you saying the front sight is distracting you while trying to use the red dot?

Looks like it is a white dot, is that correct?
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »
Are you saying the front sight is distracting you while trying to use the red dot?
Yep, too many years looking for a dot without a big front sight in the view.
Joe

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
Joe, my slide just came back Saturday. I'm not installing my back up sights until I'm fully acclimated to the dot. Of course for range use, back up sights aren't necessary anyway. Mine will be carried eventually, so that will be a different story.