Author Topic: Once upon a time at the range - feed problems  (Read 8495 times)

Offline Expat8

Once upon a time at the range - feed problems
« on: August 27, 2013, 02:14:22 AM »
I just come back from the range wirth my Skorpion.. was shooting factory S&B and handloads 71 grains FMJ. It seems the gun likes my handloads just a touch better because the factory ammo sometimes wasn't chambered but the rounds were pushed into the space forward of the chamber :s between the barrel and the receiver. They pretty much stuck there and I had to strip the gun and pry out the (live) round every time this happend. Don't know if it's the ammo or the gun.

Anybody had similar experiences ?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:16:48 AM by Expat8 »
===============================
- Scorpion EVO III S1
- VZ61 SBR
- Jericho 941 in 9mm and .41

Offline Litomysl94

Re: Once upon a time at the range - feed problems
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »
My experience yesterday at the range (my first time out with my VZ61) was similar.  I had a variety of ammo ... S&B, Herter's, PPU, and Fiocchi.  Several times the gun did not go bang.  There were strikes on the primers, but they looked a little light to me.  There were some failures to feed properly.  One thing I came up with was that when clearing failures, if you have your hand on the top to pull the charging handles back, your hand actually blocks the round being ejected and causes it to fall back into the gun (even backwards).  I think the solution to that might be to remove the magazine before clearing a jam, giving the round room to fall through to the bottom.

There were three of us shooting, two of whom are military, and we ran about 150 rounds through it.

Ammo from the same boxes fed through my CZ70 without a single hiccup.

I want to read up on this some more, run some more rounds through it, and maybe contact CzechPoint to see if there isn't a part that might need to be replaced, or something that needs to be tweaked.

I have no doubt that CzechPoint stands behind their products, so am not worried about getting it taken care of, IF it is something defective.  Maybe it needs a break-in period. Otherwise, it was a lot of fun to shoot, and accurate on the silouhuette.  I have it as a "fun gun" not for defense, so the failures, although not what I'd like, aren't likely to cost me my life. 

Offline Expat8

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »
Thanks for your feedback. It's what I thought too in the end.. needs to break in a little more. I had my old Beretta 70 with me and there nothing failed to go boom. I agree with you .. it's a fun gun. To plink around. I'm yet to take it back to the range and I'm definitely give a good lube job before next time.
- Scorpion EVO III S1
- VZ61 SBR

Offline Litomysl94

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
If you bought your 61 from CzechPoint, you might want to contact Dan Brown with your issue and see what he says.  Mine went back, and there were a couple of issues that he took care of.  Works flawlessly now.

Offline 58er

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:18 AM »
Expat8, I had quite similar problems with my CZ 61S. I shot one box of Magtec ammo without problems. Next time I shot S&B ammo with feeding problems. After that one time I haven?t seen them again. I don?t know what caused them. I am not sure how I filled magazine that time. It is possible I filled them more like normal 9mm pistol mag.

Offline Expat8

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
I processed 250 rounds through, both reloads and factory, and only had one hickup.. run-in time i guess.. I don't remember exactly but I might not have lubed it too much.
- Scorpion EVO III S1
- VZ61 SBR