Author Topic: High Noon Rock Steady Belt  (Read 8759 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
High Noon Rock Steady Belt
« on: July 08, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »
I recently ordered  the High Noon Rock Steady Belt and I'm impressed with the service .
I measured as they instructed online and it came out an odd number.  The belts only come in even number sizes,  so I asked which way to go--longer or shorter-- for a skinny old guy.
I ordered  based on their recommendation.  Next day,  I got a phone call from H.N. and the gentleman wanted to make sure I 'd get the the right size belt.  After making the decision I wouldn't grow out of it,  he confirmed the order.  We then discussed my being skinny and getting older. ;D
  The folks at H.N were impressive,  the kind of people it's a pleasure to do business with,  or maybe go shooting with.

Will post my impressions on the Rock Steady Belt when I get the chance to wear it while out and about.

Offline Tok36

Re: High Noon Rock Steady Belt
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 10:30:34 PM »
Nice, i am going to need to pick up a carry belt at some point, glad to hear that you had a good experience with High Noon.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 11:05:28 PM »
I've been carrying with a regular leather belt,  and finally got tired of pushing or pulling to keep my ITW holster in position.
I'm looking forward to having a good quality reinforced carry belt,  as good or better than my Comp. belt.  You might think my priorities were a little backward. :o

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 11:07:45 PM »
Looking forward to your opinions after you get it.

So, did they recommend to go up or down on the belt size number?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 12:21:21 AM »
After discussing what "we" weighed when in the military ;D,   discussed my weight loss since,  I decided to go down.  If I were younger,  his suggestion would be GO UP.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »
Since you've been using a a regular belt I think you'll be impressed. Very stout and you don't have to cinch it near as tight.
   Their CS is excellent. When I received mine, it had a small cut on the outside edge. Called them up, talked with a very nice lady. They put a rush on and had a new one shipped out next couple days, in fact it shipped before I was able to return the original. They also paid for both the new and return shipping.
    Look forward to your review 1SOW. Hope you like it as much as I do mine

If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
You'll notice a big difference with a properly fitted, reinforced gun belt and how it "anchors" the holster and pistol to your waist. Looking forward to your review.

Offline hensc

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »
I'm wearing one right now. Very comfortable standing or sitting down, but my dilemma is, I'm about to outgrow mine lol. I'm on the last belt hole and my gut is feeling the slide pretty good, even with a sweat guard.

Time to lose some weight, or order another...  :-\ #firstworldproblem
75B
PCR
P-10C

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
I decided to go down.  If I were younger,  his suggestion would be GO UP in size.

;D O0

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »
I received my Rock Steady Belt this afternoon. 
   It fits very well in the middle hole with no pistol and is comfortable with Wrangler jeans support/ tightness.  With an IWB plastic holster and my Sig 239,  the middle hole is fairly tight.  Moving out one hole is comfortable.  It might vary with what I'm wearing at the time.    The belt doesn't flex up or down.  The thick reinforced leather provides great pistol support.
  High Noon's belt measurement guide was spot on.  It indicated I need a 35" belt--not available,  but the 34" I chose works very well.  FOR ME, a 36" would have been too long.   Wrangler jeans belt loops make it tough to impossible to accept the double belt thickness where extra length would lay.  If it's not in a belt loop,  it sticks straight out.

The belt forms to the waist shape easily,  but getting the end of the belt through the buckle and then through the brass retainer was work.  ;).  The belt is thick and making the sharp bends needed for buckling wasn't easily done.   After buckling and unbuckling it several times,  it started to get a little easier as the belt end started to allow a little more more flex.

I found a belt position and holster cant on my waist where the pistol has good access for draw and  is still  very comfortable over the  several hours I wore it.
I did the whole test,  sitting, standing, squatting, touching my toes ;D,   walking around the block when I went to the mailbox and a VERY little jogging.  The belt and pistol didn't budge.  The pistol stayed where I put it.  NICE!

Like any leather,  a break-in period should form it to my svelte :-) waist. 

I'm pleased.  I'm glad I bought it.  I'll wear it a lot with and without the pistol.  OH,  it also looks great. 

Hope this made sense. 

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 01:35:49 AM »
Great to hear 1SOW! Ya, getting the belt broke in where it goes thru the buckle will take a bit.
   I'm on the last (smallest) notch now. Being that close to the main structure of the belt is a real bugger. Slowly working in tho. If I keep losing weight, guess I'll call High Noon and see if I can just punch a new hole.
   I'll probably end up ordering a new belt, just gotta make sure I keep the weight off first
   Thought about trying another brand ( like the looks of the Bigfoot), but I love my HN so much figure why change?

Offline hensc

High Noon Rock Steady Belt
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »
I have a similar problem but I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I, too, am on the last hole (if you count from inside out, lol) and if I don't lose some weight I may have to order a new one for future "growth"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
75B
PCR
P-10C

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 01:26:49 AM »
Been there, done that, have the old one hanging in the closet...supervisor gut... :o 8)

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 11:24:02 AM »
Lol.

anything