Author Topic: Failure to feed  (Read 5828 times)

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
Re: Failure to feed
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2018, 09:12:36 PM »
My twice returned Rami has now fired 200 rounds with no malfunctions.  This included fmj xtp and a box of Hornady hollow points.  How many shots between malfunctions is acceptable? 

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2018, 06:56:29 AM »
My twice returned Rami has now fired 200 rounds with no malfunctions.  This included fmj xtp and a box of Hornady hollow points.  How many shots between malfunctions is acceptable?

What counts is with your preferred SD ammo.  With a cleaned gun, verify all mags you'll use (+1 in chamber how I roll).  Likely good to go.  Clean gun and try another mag or 2.  Clean gun lightly oiled, wiped down and carry.  Every 3 or 4 months or when the dust bunnies, saw dust chips, etc build up, Cylcle a few of those SD rounds through, clean, reload and carry some more.

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
Thanks.  That was my thought.  I always clean each gun after every range session.  I had this burned into my mind recently.  I bought a S&W model 63 (.22 kit gun).  It is in beautiful shape with no worn places or scratches.  I took it to the range, and found it to be inaccurate.  When I cleaned it afterwards, the bore was very rough.  Closer inspection showed it to e heavily leaded.  Lots of work with a bore brush and lead solvent and now it is accurate.  I imagine the loss of accuracy is why the previous owner traded it off.  He just never thought to clean it. 

You comment abought "lightly" oiling is very important.  I also have a mag in the drawer loaded with Federal HTS that I need to throw into the rotation.  The folks at CZ are trying very responsibly to make this Rami work reliably.  I hope they have succeeded.  If you have one that does not work properly, send it back so they can fix it.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2018, 10:47:06 AM »
frogwalking, did you return the magazines when you sent your RAMI in, or just the gun?

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
One 10 rounder and the 14 round mag(with the aftermarket spring) were returned.  The first time I returned it I reinstalled the original spring.)  I don't remember which strength is in the 14 rounder, but it was much harder to install than the original.  One 10 rounder is in the drawer loaded with Federal HST ammo, and was not returned.

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2018, 06:02:39 PM »
I fired another 50 rounds, Winchester 124 gr. fmj, no issues.  Rami continues to exhibit all the things I have always liked, without the failures to feed.  I think the CZ gunsmiths got it this time.  I plan to continue shooting 50 rounds per week.  I don't expect anything to be perfect, so a very rare malfunction will not cause me to ditch this gun.  If anyone is still reading this thread, you are a true Rami fan, or you are bored out of your gourd.

Offline Pierce

« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »
  If anyone is still reading this thread, you are a true Rami fan, or you are bored out of your gourd.

Some of both.  :)

Offline jack76590

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2018, 01:16:23 AM »
A pistol that does not feed is of little use to me. In addition to pistol I have purchased extra mags, extra recoil springs, an expensive holster and mag pouch. So I am still interested in other peoples experience and solutions in this area, as I have quite a bit invested. At present I am hopeful the wolff 10% extra power springs for full size cz magazines have solved my problem with failure to feed in 10 rounders.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:18:24 AM by jack76590 »

Online Ruber

Failure to feed
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2018, 09:45:35 PM »
Frog, thanks for keeping up with the thread!!

RAMI’s were on sale locally, I couldn’t resist and picked up a safety model in 9mm with a ‘18 date.

Brought it home and cleaned it, which it needed.  It had more preservative on it than any other CZ I’ve purchased. And it is very tight, nicely fitted, but tight, no barrel movement at all when locked up.

Just ran the first two boxes of range ammo through it, and it was super smooth. What a pleasure, not a single ftf.  I was both really surprised and really impressed. I was worried about recent issues with CZ’s, but they really seemed to have their stiff together on this one.

Granted, can only have the 10 rd mags here, and only ran fmj through it, but very happy so far!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:56:25 AM by Ruber »

Offline benq

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »

My stock RAMI had two feeding issues: #1 partial feed and #2 nose dive into the feeding ramp. My carry ammo is Hornady Critical Defense 115gr.

#1 was resolved with a good polish of the breach face to smooth it and remove any burrs around the firing pin hole.
#2 was isolated to a specific 14rd RAMI mag.  It has been demoted to being a training mag.

Once those issues were resolved, I installed CGW defensive package and still hasn't suffered any failures.