Author Topic: P-07 & P-09 Dynamic Duo milled Venom Red Dot & BUIS <$390  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Vinny

Re: P-07 & P-09 Dynamic Duo milled Venom Red Dot & BUIS <$390
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
Pink,
May I suggest you wait on the front sight until after Venom is mounted. Use the rear markings on Venom with the stock sight at a given distance (I use 10 Yards) and by measuring the difference between your POA and POI (and the exact sight radius), Dawson can help you calculate exactly how much taller height front sight you will need for perfect BUIS lower 1/3 co-witness. Dawson can custom make for no added cost. Just takes a bit longer. They're awesome.

-Vinny
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline I like pink

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »
Pink,
May I suggest you wait on the front sight until after Venom is mounted. Use the rear markings on Venom with the stock sight at a given distance (I use 10 Yards) and by measuring the difference between your POA and POI (and the exact sight radius), Dawson can help you calculate exactly how much taller height front sight you will need for perfect BUIS lower 1/3 co-witness. Dawson can custom make for no added cost. Just takes a bit longer. They're awesome.

-Vinny

I was going to wait (plus I don't want to wait to send the gun in and get it queued).  I didn't think about custom... I was going to call them and ask about size... but now I know what hubby needs to do with the POA/POI to get the site!

We like Dawson sites.  I have them on my 1911 and hubby has them on his XD and Shield... We are fans!  (hmmmmmm I wonder if they have pink FO!  hahahahaha!

Thank you so much for your help!  I didn't think it would be so hard finding into to put a red dot on my P-01!  I just assumed it was going to be easy-peasy like the SP (well... ultimately it sorta is... but the roundabout RMR... nope.... Shield... nope... right back to Venom... YEP! 

THANX!  and hugz!

Girls just gotta have guns and ammo.... LOTS of ammo!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 10:45:03 AM »
Pink,
Please post images for us of the SP-01 and P-01 with Venom when it's done.  8)
Should be a nice set-up.  Thanks!
-Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline I like pink

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 08:18:46 AM »
I will!  They are going to be twins!  :-*
Girls just gotta have guns and ammo.... LOTS of ammo!

Offline kmanick

Re: P-07 & P-09 Dynamic Duo milled Venom Red Dot & BUIS &lt;$390
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 07:22:21 AM »
Wow! My P-07 is stock for now but I really got to do that for my SP-01 Tactical.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hey Boss,
Here's how my P-01 came out with the Shield RMS and titanium Cerakote slide. Thanks for your inspiration:

Which Shield is that? Standard or Compact?
Where did you buy it?
Any issues with reliability? Durability?
Do you know what their warranty is? (I'm spoiled with Vortex's awesome warranty!)

I want a red dot on my P-01 and I'm having issues finding one where I still have BUIS.
Pink,
It's a SHIELD RMS. Primary did the milling and Cerakote. Although it co-witnesses perfectly with the stock sights; I'm disappointed with the Shield RMS durability. I've got my 2nd one on it's way back to UK being fixed.  >:(

If I could do it over; I'd mill for the Vortex Venom, and use the markings on the body of the Venom for my rear BUIS and if necessary have Dawson supply a FO front sight for $39.  JMO  YMMV

what's happening with the Shield sight? I have one on my M&P and have an 8moa version in bound . my first one died but I killed it due to overtightening of the elevation screw. My 2nd one has gone through about 4000 rounds and hasn't even budged.. Yours is the reflex sight?
I'm using the shield mini sight.....so far so good. I have a shadow 2 slide being milled and lightened as we speak and the 8moa is going on that slide as soon
as it returns to me.
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline Vinny

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »
I mailed my 2nd faulty Shield RMS back to UK over a month ago and still haven't gotten any word from Shield. I got tracking confirmation that UK post office received it three weeks ago but no further tracking once it got in their hands.

The RMS on the P-01 fits so perfect; I just hope they can make it durable enough.

Meanwhile...my JPoint (made by Shield) has been working fine on my SP-01 for almost two years now.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline kmanick

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 08:45:02 AM »
I mailed my 2nd faulty Shield RMS back to UK over a month ago and still haven't gotten any word from Shield. I got tracking confirmation that UK post office received it three weeks ago but no further tracking once it got in their hands.

The RMS on the P-01 fits so perfect; I just hope they can make it durable enough.

Meanwhile...my JPoint (made by Shield) has been working fine on my SP-01 for almost two years now.

Interesting... I almost went with the RMS on my incoming but decided to stick with the Jpoint/Shield mini sight as .....so far so good.
When I sent my first one back I had to call the Shield office in the UK a couple of times. Once I got a hold of a rep they were actually
pretty quick on getting me a new one
and they emailed me almost daily letting me know what was going on.
If you haven't called them yet I would, a month is unacceptable IMO

Offline Vinny

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »

Interesting... I almost went with the RMS on my incoming but decided to stick with the Jpoint/Shield mini sight as .....so far so good.
When I sent my first one back I had to call the Shield office in the UK a couple of times. Once I got a hold of a rep they were actually
pretty quick on getting me a new one
and they emailed me almost daily letting me know what was going on.
If you haven't called them yet I would, a month is unacceptable IMO
The problem might be with UK Postal system or Customs. They received it 3 weeks ago and may not have even delivered it to Shield yet. There might have been a better way to mail it, but unlike in USA where the supplier sends a prepaid return label; I was left to try to figure out how to send it myself. Without a return label, it also had to go through UK Customs.  ::) Sheesh!
"Carpe Diem"

Offline kmanick

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 09:13:24 AM »
I sent mine Fedex ,it cost me $50.00 to send , and Shield said they would refund me that cost but they never did :(
However I had a new one back in my hands in 2/12 weeks total time

Offline boss281

Re: P-07 & P-09 Dynamic Duo milled Venom Red Dot & BUIS &lt;$390
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »
I gave up on the Shield and sold the extra milled slide. I found another slide that I MIGHT get milled for a Venom, but right now red front fiber optic sights and yellow tinted prescription shooting glasses to correct nearsightedness seem to be working for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline kmanick

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »
I like to go back and forth between Production and CO, so I have another slide for my shadow 2 being milled and lightened so I can stay
on the CZ shadow platform. (currently using M&P PC 9L wiht the Shield mini isght, but I'm kind of "over" polymer guns for competition)
I have a Venom on my Mark III and my buddy has one on his G34 and we both agree it's much easier to acquire the dot with the Shield
than it is with the Venom, especially in bright sunshine. I see this weird "reflection" thing  with the Venom when it's really sunny
that I don't see with the Shield. My venom is a 3MOA I kind of wish I went with the 6Moa but now  no one has them in stock so I went with an 8MOA
on my incoming JPoint/Shield site
fingers crossed it will be as reliable as the one on my M&P has been so far.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »
I like the P-01 I am going to look into this.
Thanks

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Vinny

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »
Yeah, I wish I had spent more time researching UK return options. Fedex originally quoted me $98. UPS no better. USMail apparently has an International Priority Mail small box for like $39, but the issue is that once it arrives in UK, it falls into a black hole with NO tracking.  :(  So I opted for 'Registered Mail' that was supposed to guarantee proof of delivery in UK and insurance if it went MIA. The Pony Express would be more efficient.
Sometimes we forget how good we have it here in the USA.

I milled my P-01 already for the Shield RMS. However, if I can't get a reliable Shield RMS; I have a backup plan:
The JPoint is identical mount pattern to Shield RMS; there's just a little bump-out on the rear of JPoint. I believe (hopefully) I can have my P-01 slide re-milled to remove a small amount of material; enough to allow the JPoint to fit in.

At least with JPoint, even though made by Shield; you're dealing with JPoint (JP Rifles), a USA company.

Yeah, I could have (maybe should have) returned the 2nd faulty RMS to GT Distributors in Texas where I bought it; but I thought going direct to factory in UK might give me the best shot at getting one that would work.  I guess we'll see; or I'm out $350 bucks.  :'(
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Vinny

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
So, getting back to my Original Post.......
The nice thing about the Vortex Venom besides it's durability and favorable price is Vortex's Warranty that provides repair or replacement NO MATTER WHAT happens.

I'm liking the Vortex products more and more, and they are working great on my P-07 and P-09.

I now wish I had just put a Venom on my P-01 and I'd be done!

But I guess someone has to be the RDS Beta-tester.  ::)
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »
I know a few of you guys were holding out. We did finally get some more Venoms in stock for those of you that were waiting to buy combos.

anything