Author Topic: Sig P365  (Read 30343 times)

Offline inletman

Sig P365
« on: May 01, 2018, 06:30:59 PM »
Anyone tried this out...supposed to be the hottest very small carry gun. can carry 10 rounds, and can get a magazine which carries 12 rounds. Advertised as accurate with a very good trigger.

Offline bababoris

Re: Sig P365
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »
200 rounds and so far very pleased with the pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
I have about 300 rounds through mine so far and have started carrying it some.

I liked my Shield but the 365 is smaller with more capacity so what is not to like.

It is soft shooting and I have not had a single malfunction with Federal 124 HST and my own 124 handloads of JHP,RN and RNFP.

The downsize is they are hard to find. I got on the Notify Me When In Stock list at Grabagun and I got four emails and could not get one in my cart fast enough to purchase. Finally lucked into one at Academy for $499.

Offline dave33

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »
I have one and am totally impressed and satisfied.  Shoots like a much bigger gun than it is but still pocketable.  Very accurate and has a great trigger.  Ive got close to 2000 rounds through mine and no failures at all.  Carry it everyday, heck I'm even gonna shoot an IDPA match with it tomorrow just for the heck of it.  ;D

Offline inletman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 12:13:59 PM »
Old Frank...and others also who I imagine have other small carry guns.- I also have a Shield2.0. You obviously must have felt Sig P365 was worth it to put out the bucks for it anyway.

Can you tell me how to reach Academy, please

Offline Arndog123

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:34:42 AM »
Ordered mine from Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and just ordered a pair of 12 round mags from Arms Unlimited.  I'm really excited and can't wait to shoot it.

Offline dave33

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:03:17 AM »
Ordered mine from Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and just ordered a pair of 12 round mags from Arms Unlimited.  I'm really excited and can't wait to shoot it.

That's where I got mine from, super smooth transaction and pretty fast shipping.

Still totally satisfied with my 365.  Did end up shooting the IDPA match with it, ran like a top.  Ended up finishing 7th out of 45 shooters overall, 2nd out of 18 in SSP division.  This little gun really shoots well.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »
I just got one from deguns.net at $499. I was on the wait-list too; and after the 3rd 'in-stock' email, I wasted no time and got the last one before they sold out again in minutes!

I added a $10 ATI sling I needed anyhow for my shotgun, and got my order over $500 min to use code 'SHIP30' for FREE SHIPPING at checkout.

Good to hear other's having good results.  I have the XRAY3 sights on my P229 and love 'em. I'm so pleased they added them to the P365-9-BXR3 that Sig's shipping now.

I have a SIG P290rs micro 9 and RAMI BD. This should fit right in between.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:16:56 PM by Vinny »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline inletman

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
 Can you guys tell me how a gun that small shoots that well-maybe especially when one of you just finish shooting it in competition? Could you compare it to perhaps a CZ P? 01  as far as accuracy and at what distances. Thanks-oh, does anyone know where I might get one now?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 07:06:27 PM »
Thanks-oh, does anyone know where I might get one now?

Inletman, If you want one now; please read my detailed Post above yours. If you are waiting for your LGS to have one in stock for you; it could be a looonnnggg wait. Even the largest distributors can't keep them in stock. He who hesitates forever waits.  ;)
"Carpe Diem"

Offline inletman

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 09:52:11 PM »
Vinny, DEguns says "out of stock" Put my name in thru email....any other ideas or sources?
Inletman

Offline Vinny

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »
Vinny, DEguns says "out of stock" Put my name in thru email....any other ideas or sources?
Inletman
Inletman,
OldFrank mentioned he got one for $499 from Acadamy?
You can also do a search using gun.deals entering SIG P365-9-BRXR in the search window to see what other deals are out there. Some dealers are trying to get MSRP and more$$. But $499 seems to be the best street price out there.

If for some reason you're not happy with it, you could probably sell it locally and make a quick $100.
It wouldn't hurt to be on several wait lists; one will surely show up, so jump on it.
Good luck in your quest! -Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline dave33

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 04:19:06 PM »
Can you guys tell me how a gun that small shoots that well-maybe especially when one of you just finish shooting it in competition? Could you compare it to perhaps a CZ P? 01  as far as accuracy and at what distances. Thanks-oh, does anyone know where I might get one now?

The best way I can describe it is it fits my hand really well and has an extremely good stock trigger.  I used the 12rd mags in the match that I shot and with those I can get a full grip on the gun.  While I prefer fiber optic sights the Xray sights are actually not too bad in direct sunlight.  Ended up shooting a steel challenge match with it yesterday and did ok, 7th out of 18 in my division, but found out how hard it is to draw for speed from an IWB holster and try to not jerk the sights off target when going at full speed.  Ive shot a lot of small guns but this one just works for me on every level.  It replaced my Sig 938, which I thought I shot extemely well also.

There is not a way to compare it to a P-01 or really any other kind of CZ as it is so much smaller than anything they offer.  The Rami would be closest and even it is a fair amount larger.  Accuracy is excellent for a small platform, I have made a few 1" groups at 10yds offhand without any problem, havent spent much time working on groups from much farther away.  Did put rounds on a IDPA size target from about 40yds fairly easily, but the group wasnt much to brag about.

As far as finding one, persistence will eventually pay off.  Supply is bound to catch up with demand before long, I would think eventually they should be lots of places in the $499 price range. 

Offline okie21

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 03:19:12 PM »
Held one today at a LGS. Didn't know it unitl I was done shooting that it was available to rent at the range counter. My EDC is an m&p 9c. The p365 feels so tiny in my hands. But it feels good and the trigger feels nice. I'll definitely rent it next time

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »
I got all excited until I realized - it's a striker.
No thanks. 

anything