Author Topic: New issue with P-10C  (Read 2689 times)

Offline MississippiCelery

New issue with P-10C
« on: May 12, 2018, 11:45:39 PM »
New to me at least. Just saw this video, appears to have been uploaded very recently.

Thoughts?

Offline ranastas

Re: New issue with P-10C
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:34:55 AM »
New to me at least. Just saw this video, appears to have been uploaded very recently.

Thoughts?
I love internet gunsmiths and sleuths.
First off my 3 won?t do that, and how are we supposed to know if hammer hands here has reassembled the striker block properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
 ;D Not sure what the point was when manually manipulating the striker because in fully assembled P10 or Glock pistol, the striker is always at partial rest and not fully cocked.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:17:32 AM »
There's no issue here. This guy is clearly a 5 star idiot!

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 10:24:09 AM »
No point here, and he was talking so fast I couldn't understand a word he was saying!!!! 8)

Offline HST

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:57 AM »
I don't think he was talking english, sounded like one of the eastern european countries.  Total non issue .
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 06:50:12 PM »
I know it wasn't English, my attempt at humor. :-[

Offline HST

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 07:03:10 AM »
Sorry my bad.
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline nevada

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
His attempt at humor wasn't English?

Offline M1DNY73

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
I thought mine was the only one! when my striker block is in the "safe" position all I have to do to defeat it is lightly nudge it with my finger and it pops right out of the way! It honestly seems like a poor design compared to the more common plunger-style striker blocks. Ever since I found this out I've been too afraid to keep it chambered. My P10C was manufactured late 2017 if that helps.

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
I thought mine was the only one! when my striker block is in the "safe" position all I have to do to defeat it is lightly nudge it with my finger and it pops right out of the way! It honestly seems like a poor design compared to the more common plunger-style striker blocks. Ever since I found this out I've been too afraid to keep it chambered. My P10C was manufactured late 2017 if that helps.

Honestly this is how ignorant nonsense gets started and grows into internet lore. The guy that made this video is an abject moron and there is not defect in the system. When the gun is fully assembled and chambered with the slide in battery position you are not going to make it fire unless you pull the trigger. Nothing wrong with the guns in this regard.

Offline M1DNY73

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:22 PM »

Honestly this is how ignorant nonsense gets started and grows into internet lore. The guy that made this video is an abject moron and there is not defect in the system. When the gun is fully assembled and chambered with the slide in battery position you are not going to make it fire unless you pull the trigger. Nothing wrong with the guns in this regard.

Ideally, a striker block safety would be unnecessary on any gun if they only fired when the trigger was pulled. I'm using an excerpt from the Glock user manual, but since it's a function check it applies to nearly all striker fired handguns. Following the instructions specified I can defeat my striker block safety about 50% of the time. That's 50% more than I am comfortable with.

https://imgur.com/a/z0truQy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:02:57 PM by M1DNY73 »

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »
 If you think you have an issue call CZ-USA and see what they say. No one else seems to feel there's a problem but you and the guy in the video.

Offline M1DNY73

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »
If you think you have an issue call CZ-USA and see what they say. No one else seems to feel there's a problem but you and the guy in the video.

That's the plan as soon as I can scrape together the money to ship it back. I was mostly just wondering if any other owners were having this problem or I just got a fluke. Glad to hear yours is working well though!

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »

That's the plan as soon as I can scrape together the money to ship it back. I was mostly just wondering if any other owners were having this problem or I just got a fluke. Glad to hear yours is working well though!

I never said I owned one. I've inspected many P10C's at the local range and find them to be just fine if striker fired pistols are your thing. You don't have to scrape money together to ship it back,it should still be under warranty. CZ will email you a shipping label to send it back on their dime.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:27:15 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »