Author Topic: First time gun and CZ owner  (Read 770 times)

Offline Gary1911A1

Re: First time gun and CZ owner
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 10:07:05 AM »
If this is your first firearm, after getting eye and ear protection and some instruction I recommend you consider this: http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-kadet-adapter-ii-22-lr-adj-sights-10-rd-mags-will-fit-omega-system/

Offline JoshuaMorgani

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »
If this is your first firearm, after getting eye and ear protection and some instruction I recommend you consider this: http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-kadet-adapter-ii-22-lr-adj-sights-10-rd-mags-will-fit-omega-system/

This is the first firearm I've owned but I grew up around guns, had a very technical instructor in my Marine father. Regardless, a .22 conversion is definitely in my future considerations, thank you for the link, I hadn't actually tracked it down yet!

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
I would shoot several hundreds rounds or so before getting trigger work.  Get the feel for the firearm. Get familiar with it completely, inside and out. Get to know each other downrange for a bit.
Who knows, you may come to like the trigger. And it will smooth out over time.

I would certainly shoot it stock for awhile, for kicks.  My .02

Enjoy your new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline JoshuaMorgani

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
I would shoot several hundreds rounds or so before getting trigger work.  Get the feel for the firearm. Get familiar with it completely, inside and out. Get to know each other downrange for a bit.
Who knows, you may come to like the trigger. And it will smooth out over time.

I would certainly shoot it stock for awhile, for kicks.  My .02

Enjoy your new pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this input, thank you. I've had a few outings, putting 100-150 rounds through each time. Now that you say it though I do think I'd like to work with it stock at least a little longer. It does feel the trigger has about a mile to pull through as is though. Any kind of idea how long it could take to smooth out? I mean are we talking hundreds of rounds, thousands? 10,000s?

Offline Kleab

« Reply #19 on: Today at 01:14:27 AM »
The 75BD was my first gun purchase as well. Unfortunately, I had to sell it to cover some hospital bills after my first son was born. It's a beautiful gun. I've still got a nice leather holster for it. If I can figure out which box I stashed it in, I would gladly send it to you. I'd rather it get used instead of just sitting and collecting dust.

Wow, that is extremely generous of you. I'd be happy to put it back to use. Are you sure you'd never get another BD though?

I would love to get another BD some day, but with two toddlers at home, it wouldn't be for a few years. I'd rather see it get some use. And sorry for the delayed response, it's been a wild few days at home. I'm pretty sure I know where the holster is. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow.

anything