Author Topic: X10 Bushing arrived installed in slide  (Read 2656 times)

Offline rifmon

X10 Bushing arrived installed in slide
« on: February 23, 2018, 05:45:35 AM »
I spent more than an hour trying to get my barrel installed with no luck. No matter which position I tried, it appears there is just not enough clearance at the rear of the barrel to clear the angle. I used my Four Sevens flashlight to illuminate the contact points but was unable to see a wiggle position to clear it.

I am planning to call Mike or Scott later if I get a chance but I thought I'd post my experience here in case my work day does not allow me to do that.

I am afraid I may need to send my slide and barely back for some relief its so tight.

Offline schmeky

Re: X10 Bushing arrived installed in slide
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »
Not common, but it can happen depending on the slide.  We'll take care of it pronto.  Please contact us.

Offline rifmon

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 05:39:17 PM »
Thanks!  Talked with Scott. Evidently I should have sent in the barrel with the slide.  :o

So anyone wanting the bushing send in your barrel too!  I might be the only one who did not know that though....

Offline painter

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »
Rest assured, CGW will make things right. 8)
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline rifmon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »
I have no doubt. I succeeded in getting it out in the mail yesterday!  Really looking forward to getting to the range since I not only got the new bushing but had night sights installed.. Glad my 75 shed it's factory inadequate sights!

Offline rifmon

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
Ok so I got the call from Scott.  My slide WITH barrel is being returned. Scott told me the barrel needed some messaging to get it in and at first, I interpreted that as it needed slight machining but as the conversation progressed I realized he meant that it needed to be pushed in with a little more force. So this was a wuss factor on my part HAHA! I said I just did not want to force it and really jam it into a stuck position which he understood (not that I did not have enough hand or finger strength.... god knows I have strong hands since I've painted for the last 35 years!)

OK so I guess my particular barrel is quite tight to this new bushing and I assume it'll get worn in with a few hundred rnds down-range which I intend to do next week or the next.

Really looking forward to seeing improvements past 15 yards or so with my new bushing and new sights!

Offline Mercs

X10 Bushing arrived installed in slide
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:05 AM »
Ok so I got the call from Scott.  My slide WITH barrel is being returned. Scott told me the barrel needed some messaging to get it in and at first, I interpreted that as it needed slight machining but as the conversation progressed I realized he meant that it needed to be pushed in with a little more force. So this was a wuss factor on my part HAHA! I said I just did not want to force it and really jam it into a stuck position which he understood (not that I did not have enough hand or finger strength.... god knows I have strong hands since I've painted for the last 35 years!)

OK so I guess my particular barrel is quite tight to this new bushing and I assume it'll get worn in with a few hundred rnds down-range which I intend to do next week or the next.

Really looking forward to seeing improvements past 15 yards or so with my new bushing and new sights!
Mine is super tight like that too. It helps to look down at it to make sure it?s not canted, and push the barrel forward and back a little bit while pushing it into the slide/bushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Coldhammerforged

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 09:44:36 PM »
On my 75b with chrome 10x bushing i had the same problem, after the first range trip and 250 rounds it is still a tight fit, but when the gun is field striped and u have the slide off the frame i press on the barrel from the ejection port with your thumb with some force and then yank the barrel down from the slide. Then to reinstall give it a firm push with your palm. This is all when the gun is unloaded of course. It gets the job done just have to man handle it a bit more than before.

Offline gotcoffee

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 10:51:42 PM »
I luckily did not have any issues with my 10x busing.  But I just bought a threaded barrel to use and realized the bushing does not allow a threaded barrel because it is so precisely made. I have no idea which one I want to give up.   

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »
Just installed one in my Omega P01 Thursday evening.  No issues.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?