Author Topic: Installed new S2 disconnector.  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Shadow knows

Installed new S2 disconnector.
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:47:23 PM »
I ordered up some goodies from our friends down south. For my shadow 2 I ordered the disconnector, reduced trigger spring, extended firing pin and hammer springs kit, and tuners kit. 

Started with the disconnector which they recommend suing a dremel and I did because it is hard. I installed and sanded about 10-12 times before I got it right.  Installed new hammer spring at this time

I enjoy working on my own stuff as I better understand what is going on and can fix a problem on the spot quicker (if parts applicable).

Next decided to do something easy so did the firing pin. 

Next the trigger spring.  While I had that apart I went ahead and polished the outside edge of the trigger bar. Put frame back together.

Installed the red recoil spring and assembled. 

Cycled and tested again for all functions.  Perfect. Will run it with my load ammo tomorrow.

Offline MoRivera

Re: Installed new S2 disconnector.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:16:46 AM »
What part did you have to sand for what result/fix, if you don't mind sharing?  Thx.

Offline rhart

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 04:18:30 AM »
Which disco did you install?
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
Which disco did you install?

Their CGW pn 1488

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
What part did you have to sand for what result/fix, if you don't mind sharing?  Thx.

I wish I could drop pics easier on this forum.  This of it as like the top of your foot.  It comes with directions and as always you can call them for their on line support which is top notch (and I deal with calling on tech support for my job). 

Get a carbide bit and take your time.  Took me about 2 hrs but I have perfection issues, well I did other things also but that didn?t take but 20 minutes.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 09:32:33 AM »
Oh I've done a lot of fitting on a few discos over the past few weeks, was just curious about your specific findings.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
It went quite well I thought.  Instructions were laid out very well.  One might not even have to do this to their S2 as it states in the instructions, mine needed adjustment.  Packing for the range now.  Will update in a few hrs.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 04:19:55 PM »
Wow, uhm, just wow.  Changed the personality of this sports car to a race car.

Red coil spring was right where I needed to be for my target loads I load up. 6.6? on impact.

I am going to put the gun on the trigger gauge though, DA is amazing but SA is really light.  I bet 2 lbs.

As Johnny Carson said ?more to come?

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 02:03:28 AM »
DA 6lb 6.4oz. Avg
SA 2lb 5.8oz. Avg

Actually shocked.  Seemed a lot lighter due to how smooth it was

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
Nice work!!  Those pull weights are very close to mine.  Enjoy your new Ferrari!

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
Yes, haven't measured mine but my Shadow 2 with new S2 disconnector and a 13# hammer spring has a lighter DA than my Shadow 1 with a T1 disco and a 12# hammer spring.  Granted, it's only a pound in listed differences but quite noticeable.

Offline George16

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 11:24:01 PM »
Which hammer spring did you install? With an 11.5# hammer spring, my shadow has DA @ 5# 4.3 ozs., SA @ 1# 9.9 ozs.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 10:31:49 AM »
13#.  I have the 11.5 in the kit so when I burn up this batch of approx 5500 rds left I will switch to federal and swap in the 11.5 and see what I think. 
Not sure I am going to like going below where this breaks for pounds.  Maybe though wil try.

I should just buy some brass and load up a few thousand rounds and keep what I got for other pistols. 

Offline George16

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »
So far, I haven?t had any problems lighting off CCI, Winchester and of course Federal primers. I?m also using an extended firing pin and reduced firing pin spring.

Some people had light primer strikes using CCI with 11.5# spring and extended firing pin.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:34:23 PM by George16, Reason: Grammar »

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 11:10:02 PM »
Good to know.  I may just try the hammer spring on the CCI primers

anything