Author Topic: BRNO Fox 2 Hornet  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Gunnie63

BRNO Fox 2 Hornet
« on: June 11, 2018, 04:48:18 AM »
Have a Fox Mod2 22Hornet that has been showing issues with chambering & extraction. My localgunsmith recently had a good look at the rifle & reckons that at some stage someone who thinks they knew what they were doing, had tried to reshape the extractor. Why, is anybodies guess!

So he spent a little time trying correct the stuff up. He did recommend that I try a find a replacement.  Which is going to be like try to find the proverbial rocking horse excreta!

So what I have been trying to find out if the extractor from a current model CZ 527 Hornet will be a straight swap. Has anyone here done this and can confirm for me if this is possible?

Offline Gunnie63

Re: BRNO Fox 2 Hornet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:57 AM »
Geez, 50 views and no news yet.  :( ???
Have sent CZ USA an email asking ut nothing received yet. That was 2wks ago! Will email again.

Offline painter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:20:08 AM »
You would get faster results by calling CZ. They're not known for email correspondence.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Gunnie63

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 06:03:00 AM »
Then why have that as a means  of contact?   >:(

Will try the Australian distributorsfirst and see what they can tell me.
I picked up the CZ 527 & BRNO Mod 2 Fox 222's yesterday & had a good look at the extractors on them. They looked identical. Will try swapping them over tomorrow & see how it goes.

Offline Diamond Jim

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 12:58:06 PM »
I envy the excellent service that CZ-USA offers to the citizens of that fine land, those of us "Downunder" do not have an equivalent CZ-Australia. We don't have a number to call that gets us through to a human who will answer questions, offer advice and send free stuff in the mail. CZ is distributed by Winchester here. We have to go through our local firearms retailer who will contact the wholesaler, who will ask the manufacturer, who will ask for a form B109 (or whatever) to authorise the import of firearms parts into Australia....some months later we get to find out if that is actually the solution and prices are exorbitant. It took me nearly two years - yes, YEARS - to get a replacement for a broken extractor on a Rossi lever rifle through the local distributor (you can look them up if you are interested, they weren't). That is the reality of firearms ownership in Australia.

Offline painter

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 07:06:44 PM »
Then why have that as a means  of contact?   >:(

because we feel entitled? ;D
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Brett71

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 03:57:34 AM »
Did you find out if the cz527 22 hornet extractor will fit the Brno Fox mod 2 .22 hornet?

anything