Author Topic: TSO 9mm Pricing & Availability - Frustrated  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Blazin

TSO 9mm Pricing & Availability - Frustrated
« on: June 12, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »
New to the forum and looking to buy my first CZ. Settled on a TSO in 9mm (#91261), but surprised and frustrated that if I can find one the price is MSRP + shipping + tax/transfer fees so basically about $1900. I see OOS prices as low as $1510.

1. Did these ever sell as low as $1510? If so what's my best plan of attack?
2. Is there a pattern/rhythm to these hitting US shores? i.e. every 6 months and it's been 3 months since the last batch
3. My frustration makes me keep looking at a 9mm EAA Witness Elite Limited (in stock and significantly cheaper) but I feel like it would instantly need a trigger job for me to be happy, and it doesn't hold as many rounds, and I want a gun I'll be proud to own. Thoughts?

Background: I?m a Master-classified USPSA shooter, and have shifted to DMR and PRS competitions. When I stopped shooting USPSA I sold all my hi-cap handguns. I now want a competitive, all-steel, high-quality, SA-only 9mm handgun that is reasonably priced, and preferably not a 1911 just to shake things up. I always loved the feel & design of the CZ-75?s, plus every CZ I?ve handled oozed quality. The TSO will be used for 2-gun comps (rifle and pistol), and Precision Rifle matches (they sometimes require a handgun). I may also shoot the occasional USPSA match in Limited minor. I enjoy running quality machinery!

Offline IronicTwitch

Re: TSO 9mm Pricing & Availability - Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »
I've never seen a TSO as low as $1500's.  Typically low end would be about $1700.

Yes, they come in batches once or twice a year.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/775469235  <-- $25 shipping, no fees (I think that's what immediate checkout offers, might be worth digging into before you click buy it now)

Opp, nevermind, that one just sold as I was typing!

Offline Blazin

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »
I've never seen a TSO as low as $1500's.  Typically low end would be about $1700.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/775469235  <-- $25 shipping, no fees (I think that's what immediate checkout offers, might be worth digging into before you click buy it now)

Thanks for the info IT. Guess I just have to bite the bullet. That Gunbroker auction relisted, thanks!

Offline Mercs

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:51:32 PM »
Please post gratuitous photos after you pick one up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:30:56 PM »
You might check out the Brian Enos Forums.  Guys are regularly buying/selling guns there.  I bought a CZ Tactical Sport from one of the members last year.  Not an orange, just a Tactical Sport.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Gator89

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »

Thanks for the info IT. Guess I just have to bite the bullet. That Gunbroker auction relisted, thanks!

Dealer likely had / has more than one to sell.

Offline Mercs

TSO 9mm Pricing & Availability - Frustrated
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 06:37:36 PM »
I haven?t seen a used TSO go for less than $1500 including on BE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »
New to the forum and looking to buy my first CZ. Settled on a TSO in 9mm (#91261), but surprised and frustrated that if I can find one the price is MSRP + shipping + tax/transfer fees so basically about $1900. I see OOS prices as low as $1510.

1. Did these ever sell as low as $1510? If so what's my best plan of attack?
2. Is there a pattern/rhythm to these hitting US shores? i.e. every 6 months and it's been 3 months since the last batch
3. My frustration makes me keep looking at a 9mm EAA Witness Elite Limited (in stock and significantly cheaper) but I feel like it would instantly need a trigger job for me to be happy, and it doesn't hold as many rounds, and I want a gun I'll be proud to own. Thoughts?

I was going through the frustration a few months ago that you are experiencing now. I had also seen the TSO advertised by probably the same seller at $1510 out the door, but never could find it in stock. After being placed on the waiting list for several weeks, I finally saw a couple of TSOs listed on Gunbroker for $1599.  I figured it wasn't worth the aggravation for just a few dollars and just bit the bullet.  Naturally, about two weeks later I got the email stating that the TSO was in stock at $1510, but they were sold out almost immediately. I was told that they have about 50 units on order but they only trickle in 2 to 3 at a time and they come in without any advance notice.

I would suggest just trying to be patient. I really prefer not buying from Gunbroker, but for some reason they generally have high demand guns in stock when you just can't find them any where else. In my opinion some of the sellers try to gouge the buyers on hard to find items, but if you are patient you can generally find what you are looking for at a reasonable price.

I'm like you, $1800-1900 for the TSO definitely qualifies as gouging, but as long as someone is willing to pay that inflated price it will continue.
Fortunately there are also sellers that are willing to sell at a reasonable price, but like I said you have to be patient. I was very satisfied with the $1599 price that I paid for my TSO. I feel it was a fair price all around.   

Offline inkw8ll

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »
I purchased my TSO from GB at 1800. At the time I could've purchased a 40 for 1500, but that's not what I wanted. It was worth it to me and I've spent more on it since then. You can wait for the perfect one or get what comes available it's part of the game.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

CZ TSO 9mm

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 03:30:53 PM »

I work for a small gun store.  I know what dealer cost is, and there is no way I would sell one at that price.  The dealer cost has gone up on these since they were announced as well. 

If you are looking for a 9mm TS, look at the TS Blue.  It's like the Orange, but with the old style checkering on the front of the grip and less money.  If they made one in .40, I'd be all over it for Limited.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 08:17:32 PM »
If you are looking for a 9mm TS, look at the TS Blue.  It's like the Orange, but with the old style checkering on the front of the grip and less money.  If they made one in .40, I'd be all over it for Limited.

The TS Blue would be a great choice, but from what I've seen, because it is even more scarce than the TSO sellers are charging even more for it than the TSO.  There are two TS Blues on Gunbroker and they start at $1899.  The TSO's are about $150 cheaper.

Offline RandyMan

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 11:44:14 PM »

The TS Blue would be a great choice, but from what I've seen, because it is even more scarce than the TSO sellers are charging even more for it than the TSO.  There are two TS Blues on Gunbroker and they start at $1899.  The TSO's are about $150 cheaper.

I have a TS blue for sale I would make someone a killer deal on

Offline Blazin

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 06:35:34 AM »
I appreciate all the advice and kind words; this forum has a nice feel to it because of you. It sounds like nobody has regrets from buying a TSO, and worse case I could get most of my money out of it if for some reason I didn?t like it. At this point I?m dead-set on the Orange  O0

I have a $1000 precision rifle scope I plan to post for sale this weekend, and once that sells I?ll buy the cheapest TSO on Gunbroker. That?ll give me some time to see if one pops up cheaper. Crossing fingers there?s still some left.

Will instantly buy more mags, and a Red Hill Tactical kydex holster. If the gun resonates with me (which I suspect it will), I?ll swap out magwell and trigger (and maybe grips) and call it good.

And yes, will post pics here once she arrives. Thanks for all the advice!  ;D

Offline inkw8ll

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 07:13:56 AM »
I appreciate all the advice and kind words; this forum has a nice feel to it because of you. It sounds like nobody has regrets from buying a TSO, and worse case I could get most of my money out of it if for some reason I didn?t like it. At this point I?m dead-set on the Orange  O0

I have a $1000 precision rifle scope I plan to post for sale this weekend, and once that sells I?ll buy the cheapest TSO on Gunbroker. That?ll give me some time to see if one pops up cheaper. Crossing fingers there?s still some left.

Will instantly buy more mags, and a Red Hill Tactical kydex holster. If the gun resonates with me (which I suspect it will), I?ll swap out magwell and trigger (and maybe grips) and call it good.

And yes, will post pics here once she arrives. Thanks for all the advice!  ;D
Only difference between the blue and orange is the thumb test and checkering. If the deal is good enough you can send it out to CGW/CZC to do the work and even check the gun out. I would think about it

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

CZ TSO 9mm

Offline Blazin

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »
A new 9mm TSO popped up on Gunbroker for $1699 and I snatched it up.  Pics posted here soon. Again, I appreciate all the advice!

anything