Author Topic: Does anyone have Walther PPQ M2 9mm 4' barrel Poly Grip?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline inletman

Does anyone have Walther PPQ M2 9mm 4' barrel Poly Grip?
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »
If so, what do you think of it?

Offline Cyanide

Re: Does anyone have Walther PPQ M2 9mm 4' barrel Poly Grip?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:42:33 AM »
Actually had two of the original models with the paddle mag release now referred to as the M1 a few years back, one each in 9mm and .40 S&W. Ended up selling both of them to a couple of old military friends who offered me a good price for them, but will say they are excellent pistols and still have one of the best factory triggers aside from the P-10 C, Steyr M/C/S-A1 family, and the PPQ?s older sibling (which I prefer), the P99 AS.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:21:41 PM »
I have one and it is an excellent pistol. I have shot it a lot and never had a failure of any kind. It is very much like my CZ P10C in many ways. However, the trigger out of the box on the Walther was better than the one on the CZ. In fact, the Walther trigger is better than any of the striker fired pistol that I have ever owned.

I have a Vedder IWB holster for the PPQ and it is in my carry rotation. I'd say that the Walther PPQ and the CZ P10C are the two top mid-sized striker pistols currently being made.

Make America Great Again

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »
Actually had two of the original models with the paddle mag release now referred to as the M1 a few years back, one each in 9mm and .40 S&W. Ended up selling both of them to a couple of old military friends who offered me a good price for them, but will say they are excellent pistols and still have one of the best factory triggers aside from the P-10 C, Steyr M/C/S-A1 family, and the PPQ?s older sibling (which I prefer), the P99 AS.

I also have the M1 version of the PPQ; agreed, excellent pistol, excellent triggers out of the box...and, like Cyanide, I have the P99AS as well and have a preference for the grip/trigger on those (plus it has the upside IMHO of having a decocker). Much prefer the paddle release (which they have) over the button release on the PPQ M2, but that's me. The compact version of the P99 (P99C) is also an excellent shooter and the grip works very well for my hands.

Offline inletman

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 09:31:04 PM »
I have one and it is an excellent pistol. I have shot it a lot and never had a failure of any kind. It is very much like my CZ P10C in many ways. However, the trigger out of the box on the Walther was better than the one on the CZ. In fact, the Walther trigger is better than any of the striker fired pistol that I have ever owned.

I have a Vedder IWB holster for the PPQ and it is in my carry rotation. I'd say that the Walther PPQ and the CZ P10C are the two top mid-sized striker pistols currently being made.

+

can I shoot it right out of the box....or must field strip, clean and lube before shooting?

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
You could shoot it right out of the box I suppose. However, I disassemble, clean and lube every gun that I buy before shooting it for the first time. I like to inspect a new gun thoroughly just to sure that there is nothing unusual going on.   
Make America Great Again

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »
My girl just bought it as her first gun.  Put a 100 rounds threw clean.  Zero issues and it shot awesome.  The trigger is outstanding and if I didn't have a modded 2.0c I would get a walt as well. 

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
Probably the best striker fire trigger out of the box out of any pistol I own.  I prefer the M1, but couldn?t find one for a good price so I picked up the M2.

anything