Author Topic: Where would be a good place to look for a CZ 52? What should I be aware of?  (Read 208 times)

Offline Rorge Retson

I realized after seeing my 6 CZs laid out, I am a CZ guy (the first step is acceptance, right?!?).  So I've decided to find me a CZ 52.

Where would be a good place to find one of these babies?  Anything I should look for, or be aware of?  I'm a newbie here.

What about ammo?  Is the 7.62x25 easy enough to find?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks!!   :)

Offline eastman

probably the easiest place to find one is GunBroker. I bought mine there not long after getting a Type03 FFL (Collector of Curios and Relics), which allowed the seller to ship it directly to me.

Both PPU and S&B make 7.62x25 mm Tokarev ammo.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline tbreen

I have one that I intend to sell. I can't post it in classifieds until I have 25 posts if I understand the rules correct. It is an interesting pistol. I actually bought mine on armslist from a premium vendor that shipped to my FFL. As far as ammo,  In addition to those noted by eastman, I have also bought and ran a few hundred rounds of this surplus with no problems. https://www.southernohiogun.com/7-62x25-military-surplus-ammo.html
I have been snooping at the prices to see what I can expect to sell mine for. pricing seems to be all over, but I think you can probably nab one on a penny start no reserve auction for about 275- 325. Just my opinion. Good luck and Happy Hunting !

Offline rogerwilco1

There seem to always be a few on armslist tempting me. Might want to check there as well as your fellow forum members.

tbeen - what's your shooting experience like? I don't see ammo as a problem these days and it looks like a lot of fun on video, anyway.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
Ammo for the CZ 52 can be bought online.  I've also found it at gun shows and a few gun stores out in the "sticks" (R&M - Victoria, TX has a good supply of the older European caliber ammo--tell them I sent you!).
CZ 24, CZ 27, CZ 38, CZ 45, CZ 52, Vzor 50, Vzor 70, CZ75BΩ, CZ75D PCR Compact, CZ 75 P07 Duty, SP-01 Phantom, SP01 Tactical, CZ Shadow 2 Urban Grey, CZ P09 Duty, P10C, CZ 82, CZ 83, CZ 97BE, CZ 100, CZ 2075BD RAMI, CZ 452 American, CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper, CZ 805 Bren, CZ Drake G2, DUO & Z

anything