Author Topic: Red Dot on Rami?  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Crossfaced

Red Dot on Rami?
« on: July 29, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »
There?s great potential that this could be the dumbest question ever asked on this forum. I have thick skin and can take the heat but...

Has anyone ever seen or heard of someone putting a red dot on a RAMI? I have a eye issue and red dots help me immensely.

Offline Tok36

Re: Red Dot on Rami?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
I have not seen this question come up before, nor can i find an example of one online. Beyond that i do not have any input. I am interested to hear other forum members thoughts on the question.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »
The RAMI has the same rear dovetail as a standard 75B series gun.  That means one of the Springer Precision bases could be installed.  Or you could go the more professional, lower profile route and have Primary Machine mill the slide for a dot.

I have the Springer mount on my P07.  It is functional, but having the slide milled gets the dot considerably lower on the gun.

Offline Crossfaced

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 03:20:07 PM »
The RAMI has the same rear dovetail as a standard 75B series gun.  That means one of the Springer Precision bases could be installed.  Or you could go the more professional, lower profile route and have Primary Machine mill the slide for a dot.

I have the Springer mount on my P07.  It is functional, but having the slide milled gets the dot considerably lower on the gun.
Good info thanks!!!!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see this post before I started another:  RAMI with RMR anyone done this?

But if you're going to mill the slide just a word of caution: Depending on the RDS you chose it might require AT LEAST 1 degree of downward pitch; to zero at 10 yards. Some mill their slides indexing the cut parallel with top of slide so you only get about 1/2 degree of downward tilt relative to bottom of slide where it counts. Otherwise you'll need to use angled shims.

It might not sound like much, but 1 degree of tilt equals about 6-7" of elevation at 10 yards (defensive range).  YMMV
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline schmeky

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
Check this out at the top of the page:
https://www.facebook.com/cajungunworks

Cuts in incredibly well and the front and rear iron sights are built into the mounting plate.  Tight, integrated, and very compact set-up.

anything