Author Topic: Simple question - can't replace safety with decocker because...  (Read 362 times)

Offline rogerwilco1

Not having a decocker model around I'm curious to what is probably a simple question. Why can't a safety version - non-omega - of a 75 or SP01 - be changed to a decocker? Is it because of the internal seating area in the frame, the holes in the frame, both, neither? Just curious? Thanks from a curious guy.

Offline Tok36

Re: Simple question - can't replace safety with decocker because...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
You are correct, the holes in the frames are different. The sear cage has more parts in a CZ decocker. The sear cages are also retained differently. In a CZ 75 variant safety model the sear cage is retained in by the safety lever. In a CZ 75 variant decocker the sear cage is retained by the sear cage pin that not only goes through the sear cage but also the pistol frame. In a safety model the sear cage pin only goes through the sear cage.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline rogerwilco1

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »
Thanks, that's what I thought. Glad to know it. I imagine the omega is different from both of them, as well.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
Thanks, that's what I thought. Glad to know it. I imagine the omega is different from both of them, as well.

Yes, they are.  Newer design, parts made different and work together differently.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 05:43:12 PM »
And who would want to change a safety model to a decocker.  The best thing about a CZ safety model is the trigger, decocker can be made almost as good, almost. I'm a trigger snob. The first CZ 75 I bought in 1985 ruined me for life.

Online JFen

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 06:05:56 PM »
And who would want to change a safety model to a decocker.  The best thing about a CZ safety model is the trigger, decocker can be made almost as good, almost. I'm a trigger snob. The first CZ 75 I bought in 1985 ruined me for life.

Why is this?

My PCR has an awesome trigger yet my SP-01 is very good too but not like my PCR.

Only mods on either was the CGW extended FP components.

Now I do have at least twice as many rds  thru the  PCR, so maybe that has an influence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline boo2112

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 06:44:12 PM »
And who would want to change a safety model to a decocker.  The best thing about a CZ safety model is the trigger, decocker can be made almost as good, almost.

Why is this?

The single-action trigger on both the decocker and safety models can be tuned to the same level and made equally good.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
I agree with boo2112. In my opinion while decockers can be more of a challenge in some cases, i have yet to hear of a mechanical reason that would limit a decockers potential in comparison to a safety model.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 04:26:14 AM »

There is ZERO truth to the notion that the decockers have worse triggers than safety models, pure myth. My PCR and 75 BD have triggers equal to and possibly better than my safety models. The decocker is slightly more complex but there is no mechanical difference that hinders it. They tune up nicely.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 06:53:07 PM »
There is ZERO truth to the notion that the decockers have worse triggers than safety models, pure myth. My PCR and 75 BD have triggers equal to and possibly better than my safety models. The decocker is slightly more complex but there is no mechanical difference that hinders it. They tune up nicely.

Exactly.

anything