Author Topic: Marking and organizing springs  (Read 1092 times)

Offline dukduk

Marking and organizing springs
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:51:03 PM »
Looking for ideas on how to mark and separate springs to keep in those tackle box sorters.

The Guardian

Re: Marking and organizing springs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
Looking for ideas on how to mark and separate springs to keep in those tackle box sorters.

I use the small clear plastic zip close bags, like the ones parts come in from CGW......or similar to ones jewelry come in......label it with a Sharpie and put it in the bin. Not sure if there is any other way to do it

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:57:55 PM »
Same here.  I save all the bags CGW ships parts to me in and I relabel with the sharpie and reuse them.  They are in those little clear tacklebox looking containers, but still in the zip lock bags.

If you don't have bags, you might pull the dividers out, use the sharpie to ID the parts and put the dividers back in the slots and then put the parts in.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
I bought a 3 drawer tackle box which is dedicated for CZ parts only. Each compartment is labeled for each part it contains.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 12:31:16 AM »
CGW uses paint colors to show spring weights.
  Seems like using the same colors on your unmarked springs would work to be consistent.

Offline JonNC

• Got Czechnology?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »
1SOW, any recommendation on a particular brand/type of paint pen to use?
CZ P-10 C, S, F
CZ 75 P-01
CZ 75 Shadow Duo-Tone
CZ Kadet Kit 2
CZ Scorpion

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 11:16:37 PM »
Others may have better ideas but,  I  would use a very light coat on one side of the spring..of a flat spray paint specifically made for metal.  The colors listed at CGW look like what I described above.  CGW recoil springs just barely show the colors,  but serve the purpose very well.  An inexpensive spray paint brand should work fine.

If this sounds good,  go to the CGW website and look at recoil and hammer springs.  The colors are there to be matched.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:21:17 PM by 1SOW »