Author Topic: Tanfoglio sear spring to increase SA pull  (Read 2100 times)

Offline fastlane604

Tanfoglio sear spring to increase SA pull
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:29:47 AM »
Has anyone tried a Tanfoglio sear spring on a CZ 75 manual safety model. I need to increase my SA trigger pull weight. It has been discussed on here before that the Tanfoglio sear spring should be heavier (it is 4 coils vs 3 for CZ) and should increase SA pull. Has anyone tried it and if so, how much did the pull increase. Thanks.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: Tanfoglio sear spring to increase SA pull
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
Fastlane,

Here you go:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86250.msg645137#msg645137

The short answer is about a 0.25lb

You may be able to gain this by tweaking the trigger bar spring upward to apply more pressure on the trigger bar.  This may increase the SA trigger pull but I haven't tried it yet.

Cheers,
Toby
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:56:23 PM by tdogg »
This forum rocks!

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:53:55 PM »
Fastlane,

Here you go:

You may be able to gain this by tweaking the trigger bar spring upward to apply more pressure on the trigger bar.  This may increase the SA trigger pull but I haven't tried it yet.

Cheers,
Toby

Thanks, Toby.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »
Toby,
Just read your post. Thanks, again. That is exactly the information I wanted. Did you try a Tanfoglio trigger return spring?

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:16:59 PM »
No the trigger return spring is different on the tactical sport model.  I'm not sure if tanfoglio makes a similar spring style that would work on the cz ts?

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »
You can also use this firing pin block lifter arm spring to increase SA pull weight it is specifically listed for that.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75015-heavy-lifter-spring/
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 11:34:03 AM »
You can also use this firing pin block lifter arm spring to increase SA pull weight it is specifically listed for that.

Yes, I have used the heavier FPB spring on my FPB guns. This one does not have the FPB.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

Yes, I have used the heavier FPB spring on my FPB guns. This one does not have the FPB.
Ahhh I should have asked.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 11:09:17 PM »
Ordered Tanfoglio trigger return spring and sear spring from Ben Stoeger. Replaced heavy CZC TRS with Tanfoglio TRS and could tell little, if any, difference in trigger pull weight.  I will report back with the results of the sear spring once I get it changed out.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 08:18:15 PM »
Ordered Tanfoglio trigger return spring and sear spring from Ben Stoeger. Replaced heavy CZC TRS with Tanfoglio TRS and could tell little, if any, difference in trigger pull weight.  I will report back with the results of the sear spring once I get it changed out.

I look forward to hearing the outcome. I plan on installing one of the heavy sear springs to see how it effects the feel of the SA rather then the weight.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »

I look forward to hearing the outcome. I plan on installing one of the heavy sear springs to see how it effects the feel of the SA rather then the weight.

I have had a few things get in the way and have not gotten it changed, yet. But, I hope to get it done soon.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »
Fastlane,

Here you go:

Cheers,
Toby

I finally got around to changing out my oem  sear spring for a Tanfoglio sear spring.  My results were right at what Toby said it would be, 4 oz. The Tanfoglio sear spring is 4 coils vs 3 coils for the CZ and it is stiff.  I could not push it into place with the sear nested in the sear cage. I had to make a slave pin, mount the spring in the sear outside the sear change and then bend the leading edge of the spring vertical enough to slip the sear cage over the top of the sear. But it is installed and I like the way it feels. Only dry fired, so far, but will be going to the range soon. Noticeably stiffer when cocking the hammer.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:39 PM »
Thanks for the update!  It's good to get confirmation from another on the effect of the Tanfoglio sear spring.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
This forum rocks!